Monday, April 20, 2009

Why Alternative Home Decor?

I have always loved home décor. When I moved into my first apartment on my own, I was so excited to decorate and turn my space into a place where I felt comfortable and at home. I was only 20 at the time so funds were limited, but when you know where to look you can do really amazing things on a budget. Over the years as I’ve become more established, I do like to splurge here and there for really nice pieces for my home and now that I’m married it’s even more fun to merge the two styles into something that works for us as a couple.
Where am I going with all this you ask? Well, I think a lot of people don’t look at home décor the way I do, as an extension of your own personal style. It’s easy to buy clothes and jewelry to express yourself, but how many of you come home to a place that truly shows off who you are? I’ve realized that starting Fabulously Fierce was a way for me to try to pass on my love of alternative home décor and show the public that it IS easy to express your style in your home! It doesn't have to be a daunting task - it can be fun AND simple!
I have been pondering what direction to take this blog for some time now and I've decided that I want to start sharing decorating tips, advice, articles, etc. I want the public to see how much you can transform the look and feel of your home just by adding a few key pieces to it. So, stay tuned for what's to come - and tell your friends ;) Thanks for reading!

7 comments:

Pili said...

Great idea!

I can't wait to start taking notes for whenever I get to decorate my own house!

Unknown said...

wonderful! i posted on my blog about looking for some things for the new house - where i actually feel i can decorate like i want

EyeScream Industries said...

Excellent idea!! I can't wait to see what you've got up your sleeve :) Or up your shade..?? Hahaha!

lollywood said...

what an awesome idea! i am moving in with my bf soon and i can't wait to decorate our place!!

Anonymous said...

Very cool! Next to sewing, decorating is my favorite thing. I'll be stalking your blog hard :)

jenerek! said...

i'm totally late in commenting, but i'm so excited to hear your ideas! i am all about my home being an extension of my husband and i's style, so i am always looking for new idears! :)

Water Fountains Direct said...

interesting.... just subscribed, excited to see some cool alternative home decor ideas from u.

Here is a site with some alternative home decor ideas...
http://www.waterfountainsdirect.com/