Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Back to the Working World

So finally, after sending out a ton of resumes I received one call back. I went into the interview and I guess kicked serious ass because I beat out 600 other applicants and got the job!
I'm torn by this. I'm happy to be working and making money, but saddened that I need to work a corporate office job to pay the bills. I really enjoyed having all the time in the world to spend creating cool stuff for Fabulously Fierce and I will miss that. But, the place seems to have a lot of great people - the founder even bought me flowers to welcome me (my own husband hasn't even bought me flowers in over 5 years! - love you baby!) And it also has all the aspects that I wanted out of an office job, so that's a positive.
I will still slave away in my off hours to create more product for FF, I could never give it up entirely, and like my wonderful husband has said "keep your day job until your night job pays off".....I'm keeping my fingers crossed that someday, that will happen.

In the meantime - check out my Etsy store, it's full of cool shit!
CLICK FOR KICKASS HOME DECOR

3 comments:

The Queen said...

Congrats on your new job!

jenerek! said...

oh, wow- congratulations, girl! i know you've been waiting on this for quite some time now! i am so happy for you! and the founder of the company gave you flowers?! are you serious?! that's awesome- a) that he/she gave you flowers and b) that the founder of the company thought it important enough to meet a new employee- that in itself is a big thing to me!
congrats, again!

and hey- a new job right in time, too....my grand opening should be happening this week.... ;) hehe
love you, fabfi! :)

kiddomerriweather said...

Congratulations on kicking 600 asses to get the job! That's a big accomplishment!