Saturday, February 7, 2009

Are Times Too Hard for Success??

Times are tough right now. For everyone. I was laid off in October (no, I'm not turning this into a sob story) and still have not been able to find a job. I looked at my lay off as a great opportunity to put some real time and effort into Fabulously Fierce. I guess my pre-occupied mind did not figure in that the country was a mess and it probably wasn't the best time to try to start a business from the ground up. It has been discouraging, and it's hard to separate the fact that the economy sucks from the possibility that my stuff just sucks. I know my stuff doesn't suck, in fact, I think it's pretty damn awesome...just not everyone's cup of tea. But there are days when I just want to throw in the towel.
Luckily, I have an amazing support system of friends and family who want me to succeed and at the end of the day that makes all the difference in the world.
So I will keep plugging away and looking for new avenues for promotion and hope that soon things will start to look up.

What was the point of this post?? I have no idea, but that's what blogs are for, right?

7 comments:

Pili said...

Yes, please, please, pretty please, DON'T close Fabulously Fierce!!!

Kylie, I need your shop by the time I finally have a place of my own to decorate!!

Kitty Loaf Creations said...

Don't close your shop!

Man, times are rough for everyone these days. I hope it all get a bit better this year...

SomethingDreadful said...

Yes indeed this is what blogs are for, my fine fellow crafter. I hear you 100%! I know how it can feel, lots of us do in fact, but I've seen your creations and it's not hard to see that you have talent. Your items appeal to a certain group of people; and that's cool!

I do genuinely believe in your work and I hope this year manages to crack an encouraging smile in the direction of self made artisans.

Take heart! Your stuff is great and has made a fan of me at least. :D

Sheikasaurus Rex said...

The way I figure it is...no one has money...every one has to star charging less to stay afloat. Therefore, advertising costs less than usual, a lot of places have started marking down supplies and even more places are shutting down.

If you have the tenacity and mad skillz to keep advertising, putting yourself out there and making new stuff when all others give up; by the time the economy picks back up (and it will), people will remember you.

*hugs*

Kylie said...

Thanks everyone...your support is amazing and makes little old me smile :)

The Queen said...

I would keep my head and take baby steps, you know? It stinks that you lose your job, I'm sorry. Times seem to be tough right now and it seems to be affecting a lot of people. Don't close your store, keep pushing and keep smiling!

Susu سوين said...

Lovely blog, #sarcasticbitch #throatpunch